Oh, what’s up, perfect life?
1. Tonight is a blue moon. You know what that means, right? Drink all the Blue Moon you can! There won’t be another one until 2015. We picked up this sampler for a lil party tonight, which I’m pretty excited about. Caramel apple spice beer what?
2. It’s pear season, and my parents are proud owners of a pear tree, which means 1) They are consistently trapping squirrels who try to mooch off of their tree (they use a special squirrel trap and then my mom ‘relocates’ them to a forest nearby. seriously.) and 2) I get to share in the bounty of their tree. I used an entire bag of pears from them today to make a ginger maple pear pie (roughly based off this recipe) which is currently in my oven and smelling amazing. Bringing it to Blue Moon party.
On that note, making a pie makes me really excited for fall. Lots of pie-baking to come, hopefully. This also makes me excited for fall:
3. This post makes me want to cry a little bit. No explanation why except that I pretty much want this life someday. Oh, and the fact that it’s actually perfect.
4. I cannot stop making this thai iced tea. Lucky me that husband doesn’t love it as much as I do. I’ve been polishing off pitchers for the last couple weeks.
5. Ever have those days when you just do.not.feel.like.working.at.all? Yup, pretty much sums up my week. Also sleepiness. So I need this little reminder: